Wednesday 10 May 2023

Moon rise


On Cockatoo Island I was lucky enough to not only enjoy a magnicent sunset but a beautiful moon rise.


Normally I see the moon, but not as it moves up the sky, nor with such a stunning backdrop.



The clouds, the colours, the bright yellow moon all worked in unison to inspire my sheer delight.

It's funny how these things we are usually to busy to pay attention to, when you give them your full attention, are quite joyful and suddenly feel quite special. Perhaps I shouldn't usually be in the kitchen making dinner at this time?

Sometimes time to take in your surroundings is all you really need.


22 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous moon rise. This month's Flower moon was unqiue. And I love the sky in the backdrop that's boldly claiming, "The Sky is Pink". :))

    Have a good week, Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what wonderful pictures of this full moon, we saw him also here but only one day before - on this day it was cloudy. Have a good time
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I like the purple/blue sky color and the view of the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible moon shots. I love how you captured the moon in the landscape and with the color of the sky. I do okay on closeups but it is much harder to do what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't you a doll for saying that!! To be honest, I think I was just lucky to have such a magical evening....

      Delete
  5. Wonderful shots, Lydia, capturing the mood you describe perfectly. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, you got some great photos!! You are right, the moon with a stunning landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment in my blog.
    I find also your post in Galeria Himmelsblick.
    Great shots and indeed, the moon is impressive.
    Greetings from Germnay
    Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of Moon action and beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the ancient wanderer is magical, round and beautiful, on his journey between the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such stunning shots of this bright moon and lovely sky colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful photos. I always struggle to get pics of the moon but you have done a great job. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even lovelier with a pink sky and moon playing peek a boo. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning views and a beautiful bridge! Thanks for linking up and sharing your snaps with #MySundaySnapshot.

    ReplyDelete