Saturday 20 May 2023

Share Four Somethings - May

My May was going to be great fun but I finally got COVID, 3 and a half years in and it wiped me out. It also wiped out half the house so I'm THAT asshole. In my illness/Iso, I missed a boat day, Winston Surfshirt, Dylan Moran, Mother's Day lunch, the visit of my friend from Brisbane who I haven't seen for well over a year, my trip to Melbourne with another friend and book trivia for the writer's festival and a dinner with Mah Jong group...so far!




Something I'm Loving: As I am isolating with COVID (it's been weeks - actually 9 days but it feels like forever), I am loving delivery. The local supermarket has been delivering each day and I have no idea how we survived before this.  We've had Chinese food delivered and the kids wanted pizza....I am pumping them with powerade and I am living on mandarins...the kids seem to be recovering quickly but I don't. This stupid thing blows. I have no idea how we survived without the world at our finger tips?! 



Something I'm Reading:
Nothing. Brain and energy are fried. I have started listening to The Good Turn by Dervla McTiernan for bookclub. Only in chapter 3 so too soon to say anything.


Something I'm Learning: Covid can mess with your mood. I got very overwhelmed and teary the day I had to cancel Melbourne. It was weird. I was basically crying about it. I sent this ranty text to a friend and she said her other friend had also sent her a very depressed email and that it's the way COVID effects some people. That made me feel better (then of course the kids got sick so I was too busy to deal with me and had to deal with them, so that of course distracted me and fixed my mood). Yesterday it came back because I was sure I'd be negative but I'm not. Husband and non sick kid moved out but will come back tomorrow. One of the kids is now negative and I'm pretty sure the second one isn't far behind (even though she tested positive about a week after me)....I am not a good patient. 




Something I'm Eating:
The night before I tested positve (with no symptoms!) I went to Pazar pop up. The food was brilliant, as always. It is the last interesting thing I've eaten. I'm living on mandarins, toasties and yesterday I got frozen chips from the supermarket to eat with Nandos sauce...








I feel this might be the most boring Share Four Somethings so a few of the pictures are just to make it more interesting. And one thing I discovered while endlessly scrolling Insta this week, was this song. It made me laugh. Note some skin and possibly not suitable for work images, so maybe save it for later. But it did cheer me up and make me laugh. I forget who posted it but the tiktok was pretty funny.

Here's to next month being sensational!!


Linking with #ShareFourSomethings #FloralFridayFoto #WWandP #TheRandom and #MondayMusicMovesMe



17 comments:

  1. Lydia,

    What a bummer that you have Covid! I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for sharing your random four somethings to share. It's good that you can even if you weren't happy about what you shared. You're using blogging as therapy while you get rid of the Covid demon. :) Thanks for joining the 4M party. Music is always good for the mood! ;) Have a boogietastic week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lydia - so sorry to hear how unwell you've been. Covid is yet to hit me (or my husband) but I imagine it will arrive eventually. I keep my fingers crossed that it will be a mild dose, because the alternative (what you're dealing with) sounds really sucky. I was amazed at how much you've had to cancel - if I was off air for a couple of weeks, I'd miss a few coffee dates and that'd be about it (my life is so boring!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lydia, what a shame you contracted COVID and had to miss out on meeting up with your friend as well as Mother's Day and other activities. Fingers crossed, everyone in my family has had it except for me iand now that I've said it I will probably get it! Take care and rest up xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. COVID really does blow. My husband and I came down with it right before Easter, so there went Easter - but you had to cancel so much! We are empty nesters, so no children to worry about. He got it two days before me but thought it was allergies (which he's prone to). When I developed symptoms,we thought uh-oh and we both tested positive. First time for both of us. With me, it rebounded, which really blew. It ate up most of April. Wishing you a complete recovery and I enjoyed your song selection. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sucks to get this even now but it just shows that it's not gone. I've been very lucky that I have not had this dreaded Covid. It seems some people get hit differently..there seems to be no real rhyme or reason in how it effects a person. This song is infectious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am so sorry you and your kiddos are sick and that you had to miss out on so much fun!! I hope you feel all better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lydia, I didn't find your post at all boring and I'm sorry to hear that you have finally succumbed to it. I haven't had it yet either, and am getting a bit nervous about it. I loved The Good Turn and all books written by Dervla McTiernan. What did we do before home delivery, I do often wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping you're all improving Lydia, not fun at all but your post isn't boring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So far, and with all fingers and toes crossed, WE (along with my 99 yo Dad) have avoided it. It's almost embarrassing...ha! Still we are 5 x vaxxed too. I know having a virus or anything like an illness slows us down but sure plays with our thinking. You showed that for sure. Good to you could find some benefits when you wrote the post... So good to see your post this week for Wednesday’s Words and Pics Link Up on Denyse Whelan Blogs. I look forward to you joining us next week too! Denyse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a friend yesterday and she said later I seemed really fragile. Which I felt really fragile and overwhelmed (very un me.) It was interesting it was visibly noticable. So it def messes with your brain as much as your body.

      Delete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear you've been so sick! Some of my extended family members have had it recently as well, and it was the same for them. I hope you recover soon and regain your energy quickly! I hear that's the hardest part of it all- getting strength back. Well wishes to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lydia, so sorry to hear you have COVID. I had it in November 2021, my taste came back after a month, but my smell is still weird. Many things that I know smell good smell nauseating. This definately was not boring for me to read dear friend. And when you said that you are "THAT asshole", Made me chuckle. But aren't we all at one time or another. Praying for you to feel better soon. Visiting today from Share For Somethings #13

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so sorry to hear that you got Covid. Somehow I've managed to escape its clutches. Maybe being a hermit helps?! Rest well, be good to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so sorry to hear you are sick! It's tough especially when you have to miss so many activities. Thank God indeed for delivery! Hope you have a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you are starting to feel much better! I do think Covid really messes with moods, pretty sure it's what triggered some serious anxiety/depression issues in my son back when it hit our household in Jan '21.Those roses are beautiful. Hope they perk up your mood and everyone makes a full recovery very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry you're missing out on all the things while recovering, and I hope you're feeling better soon! When I had it, the fatigue and lethargy was the worst part. Visiting from SFS, and hopefully sharing some cheer and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no, so sorry to hear that you all have Covid! I am glad your kiddos seem to be bouncing back quickly, I hope you turn the corner soon!

    ReplyDelete