Saturday 17 August 2024

Possum Magic!

I got a surprise on our morning walk. 




















A possum was clearly disturbed from it's normal nocturnal routine. It seemed to be flustered by the activity. Hopefully it found a safe place to sleep as too many dogs and birds around, and of course, people.









I am a little worried this is the second time in a week I've seen an animal in the wrong place (or wrong time) in this area. Something seems to be disturbing them and that can't be a good thing!



Linking with #WWOT #WWOAT #AwwMondays #NaturesNotes #SaturdayCritters









13 comments:

  1. Why can't people or animals leave your wombats alone? They are totally herbivorous and not a danger to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Lydia
    I hope no one is bothering the Possum. it is a cute critter!
    Thanks for hosting. Have a great day and happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your possums are so much cuter than American opossums. I hope that cutie found a safe place to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be surprised to see that too! Delightful pictures, Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen them climb trees like that. We see raccoons do that though. Neat photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. It feels incredible and wonderful that there are so many different animals in different parts of the world. I have never seen possum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute....I know here that people become very afraid if they see a fox or raccoon in the daytime because of the possibility of rabies, but even nocturnal animals can be out in the daytime for some reason or another ..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice surprise. I think most nature has difficulty with humans or their dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute what great captures good title too :-)

    Have a possumtastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww....it does look a bit scared! I hope it eventually went back to whare it belonged.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great shots, Lydia. They are such mischievous critters. Cute too.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete