Friday 30 August 2024

Unexpected smiles - State Library of NSW


While on the Fodi tour (discussed here & here), there were a few surprises for me that made me smile!



Firstly, before the tour started I walked past the children's play area to discover all the Wild Things were waiting to be read to....


The compass is on the floors of the stacks as you are several levels underground with no windows and apparently it can get disorientating for those who spend all day down there....

The footstools are used not just as a step ladder but to stop you getting crushed in the automatic shelving if somehow someone doesn't see you in there befre closing them to open another. BUT someone hadn't left the footstool there and that made me chuckle...







You would have all worked out how much I love the Harbour Bridge. My grandfather was there that day. What people don't know, while De Groot cut the first ribbon with his sword unofficially - they just tied it back together and cut it again officially (funny how that bit never got told to me in the story! Just the scandal of the man on the horse in protest). However, there was a ribbon both ends to be cut. This is part of the southern end ribbon that was cut as per protocol. Seeing this delighted me no end.

So while not striking photography, these are my #FavouriteFotos for this week...








Linking with #TravelTuesday  #WWOT #WWOAT & #AwwMondays for the Wild Things.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a delightful time on the Fodi tour, with some charming surprises along the way! 😊 Check out my new blog post: www.melodyjacob.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fodi tour and the ribbon cutting ceremony sound interesting. The children's play area is cute. Thanks for hosting. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought, It will become winter soon LOL. this one is from 2020.
    Have a good time
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some times, the funniest things are not intentional. I like these signs too. Yes, funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a tour interesting to with some fun thrown in heheh
    Have a footstooltastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete