Wednesday 21 August 2024

When the cat's away....

 


I've mentioned before how when my husband is away I sleep with the curtains open so I wake to this. (Honestly, I've no idea why he doesn't like it??!!)

This time, on Saturday night, my youngest and I also ate dinner on the couch watching a movie. It felt so naughty not to be eating at the table, but fun! We giggled together at the decadence of it, as if we might get caught at any moment. We worked our way through the Jump Street movies which made me laugh more than they did when they came out. Back then I thought the first one was so stupid that I never bothered with the next one. This time I laughed and laughed. So I'm wondering if I've become stupider with age? 












Do you do things differently when your partner is away?











Linking with #ThruMyLens #WowonWednesday #WednesdayAroundtheWorld #GMAlinky #SeniorSalonPitstop #MySundaySnapshot#KeithsRamblings 

RachelSwirl



12 comments:

  1. When your husband is away, what difference does it make how you watch tv, sleep with the curtains open or where you eat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just find it funny that it feels like I'm being so naughty...hehehe. Like children left home alone...

      Delete
    2. To clarify, he wouldn't are that we did it, we just don't do it if he's here.

      Delete
  2. One of our previous houses had big skylights so we got used to it being light in the mornings.
    Back when I used to travel on business a lot I would open the curtains of my hotel room when I went to bed. I loved the urban light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimz, I don't know where your comment goes. It's on the backend but not here. Anyway, yes, I'm sleeping on his side and still finding it hard to get to sleep....

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, nice one. I don't do things differently when hubby is away because we already do those 'naughty' things toghether (sleeping with curtains open, eating on sofa...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful skies. I always keep the curtains open. And if it's not too hot, I like sleeping with the windows open!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite time of day. The beginning of a new adventure. Beautiful shots.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Lydia. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. The morning is beautiful with this sky! When the cat is away from the house, you can concentrate on other things and be completely yourself and that is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful as always, Love it, and thanks for showcasing SSPS image
    Thank you also for popping over and for participating and sharing at SSPS 327. See you again next week at #328 https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/
    Please do not forget to come and join each W-S #WordlessWednesday (Words Welcome) https://esmesalon.com/tag/wordlesswednesday/

    ReplyDelete
  9. My partner is never away these days (he used to work in Edinburgh and fly home to London for the weekend). When he was away I always grabbed the TV remote with glee, as I could watch whatever I liked. Your account of eating on the sofa and cackling at a film brought back memories! Thanks for linking at Is This Mutton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is one stunning sunset! Thank you for sharing and for linking up with #MySundaySnapshot.

    ReplyDelete