Thursday 24 October 2024

Little Loves - October


Read
These books over the last month, including a wonderful poetry collection. Currently learning all about whales at the moment with this - it's very enjoyable - factual but conversational at the same time....


Heard I saw Electric Fields with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra and it was so wonderful. If you can imagine this song with the swell of violins and loud percussion. So magic. They have released an album with the Melbourne Symphony concert so you might be able to hear it....(note there is a swear word but you can barely make it out...however, for that not suitable for work) 

Watched Kinds of Kindness. I watched it on the plane and was shocked and embarrassed in one scene. I madly looked around to see if people were watching. It was hilarious. Anyway, while I didn't fully understand the point at the end of the film, I really enjoyed the journey. I thought it was funny and I loved watching the actors take on different characters in each mini film. There was something sort of old school about it while also being very avant guard. I guess it reminded me of rep theatre running three productions at the same time....You could tell the actors really loved it, and I guess that shone through. It won't be for everyone, lots of sex, nudity and uncomfortable moments (though maybe I noticed that more because I was watching it on the plane and people could see me watching it).

Made a start on my Share the Dignity bags. It's my favourite part of Christmas shopping, and as I do five, it means I need to be super savvy on the shopping, so watching sales of make up, backpacks, baby items etc. It does bring me great joy.

Wore I wore my old sneakers to do the 28km Seven Bridges walk. I just panicked that while my new fancy sneakers were worn in for the regular 11km walk, they might hurt after the extra miles. So even though the old ones have worn through soles, I wore them because I knew they'd done the bridges many times before. My husband (who had prompted me to replace them) was incredulous but it was all good in the end. I will now get rid of them and stick with the new ones, so by next year, they'll be fully worn in....(not sure why 18kms a week for weeks isn't enough to wear in shoes in my head)....

And lastly I saw the King. Sort of. I am in no way a Monarchist but the motorcade went past (basically drawing everyone's attention by stopping traffic - literally forcing the traffic on the bridge to park.) So I madly snapped away and got this one - which I think is the blob of the King and the shadowy blonde of his Queen wife. My eldest met the King as a Prince when she was a toddler and we have a pic of that so we are less than 6 degrees of separation as far as I'm concerned...

The photos are from the night at Electric Fields and the 7 Bridges walk.



Linking with #LittleLoves



























1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen BookWorms Monthly before so thank you for the reference, Have you found it useful? Do you find the books mentioned are to your taste?

    ReplyDelete