Monday 21 October 2024

What's been on my calendar...travel edition


It's been an amazing month, I've had 4 trips in 3 and a half weeks.






The first was to Singapore for the F1 Night Race. A favourite thing to do. I always have so much fun exploring the city and then hitting the track late afternoon or evening. I had a friends from Brisbane also there but we only met up for a few minutes before the race as we were on different combination passes so always in the wrong area trackside, and during the day, different sightseeing. I did however catch up with the in Sydney the night before they flew out to South Africa for a safari. I was there with a friend of a friend and it was good to show her my Singapore and get to know her a little more.


Back for 4 days and then off to Tahiti to swim with whales. At least that was the plan. We were told boarding the flight that the connecting flight was cancelled. We went to Auckland anyway to be told we had to spend two nights there. The Hilton in Moorea were amazingly helpful in rebooking our room. We made the most of Auckland but it did turn our holiday into 5 days travel for 2.5 days holiday. A very expensive trip for 2 days. That said, it was beautiful and swimming with whales was breath-taking and unforgettable. It's a truly remarkable experience to be so close to mammals so big.




I returned home for 2 days and was then back in Auckland for a concert. I stayed 2 nights for some sightseeing and had a blast. This trip was solo but it's such a luxury to suit yourself after accommodating everyone else. I really crammed a lot in 48 hours and the concert, Grace Petrie, was wonderful as always. Long time readers might also remember I went to Melbourne to see her. She seems to always perform in my neighbourhood when I'm away so I use all my points to take an indulgent break away...



I returned early evening but was back at the airport the next day to met husband and friends at Sawtell. A really beautiful (brief) getaway but alas no aurora for me as it was cloudy. One night there and then the long drive home...

And back to reality.

















That's what's been on my calendar. How about you?











For those that don't know Grace Petrie, she's currently about to tour Canada so check it out if here or UK next year here. (Note there is a swear word in this so maybe NSFW but you can barely hear it)



Linking with #WBOYC 




1 comment: