Wednesday 8 August 2018

Furnace and the Fundamentals




What I'm loving this week is having fun! Due to our proximity to the Enmore, I was able to buy a ticket on the day and head up for a dance. A friend whose Pink concert was cancelled decided that rather than sulk at home, she'd come too.

While I thought I'd stay for an hour of exercise then bail, they were so infectious with their high energy and song choices, that we stayed until the end, and dripping with sweat and big grins plastered on our faces, we giggled all the way home.

If you are no good at discipline to exercise, go dancing. You just can't stop!
If you get a chance to see Furnace and the Fundamentals, go! They're like Hot Dub Time Machine but better music and live.



If you aren't quite loving life this week, blast up the stereo (that makes me sound my full 107 years) and dance. Absolutely lifts my mood and energy.

I'm loving being walking distance to a concert venue, flexibility and the restorative power of music.














What are you loving this week? Linking with #TheFun #PhotoTunes #WWOAT and #RubyTuesdayToo (for the shot with the red light streak and the red costume)







Can you guess what song this was?


9 comments:

  1. You are so lucky being walking distance to that venue. Trying to drive from the Hills & find parking always made it way too hard. I've never heard of Furnace and the Fundamentals, but they sound fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOOOOOO much fun. I was on a high for days.

      Delete
  2. If you're 107, I hate to think how old I must be! lol Dancing is not only great exercise but to let go of inhibitions and move to music is one of life's greatest joys and so good for the soul! #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun and long lasting, too. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is handy. I tend to be a opportunistic attendee at things. I'm 10km out of town now so don't tend to go to as many things as I did when they were nearby and I could decide at the last minute. Also, I've not heard of Furnace and the Fundamentals - what a great name! #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and unique experience!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes music does make us love life. I could easily dance away the night to good music! #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had loads of fun and how great is that being so near too :-)

    Have a dancetastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...Lydia, I've never been a dancer and I'm of the vintage were 'Shout' was a hit by The Isley Brothers! It's neat to see that a new generation is enjoying a 1959 tune. Thanks for stopping by, what will you have next?

    ReplyDelete