Sunday 26 August 2018

Urban Landscapes - Share my Snaps!



I think you know you truly love a city when you see it's beauty in it's imperfections. Sydney has a lot of that gritty endearment at the moment, as every road and building seems to be scaffolded off as a building zone.

"To the people who love you, you are beautiful already. This is not because they’re blind to your shortcomings but because they so clearly see your soul. Your shortcomings then dim by comparison. The people who care about you are willing to let you be imperfect and beautiful, too. (20)”
― Victoria MoranLit From Within: Tending Your Soul For Lifelong Beauty




You may not have beautiful scenery but there is always beauty to be found.




Sometimes just the hue of the sky is enough to dazzle you.

May there always be something, no matter how small, to enchant you.





Linking with #SkyWatch 

(and you can follow my Insta here)




23 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots! I love the sunlight reflected on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these shots because they get in under the city - it's the city, but not as you know it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love winter sunsets, and these are so gorg! I'm missing Sydney more lately and this didn't help ;) I especially like the tree shadow photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful photos of Sydney you've shared with us, many thanks! Have a lovely week ahead :) #Lifethisweek

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos of my old home city. Great memories thank you and have a beautiful week. #Lifethisweek
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pics - those sunset shots are my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lydia, your Sydney is my Sydney. I love the mix of 'true' beauty and the look a bit harder and you'll find it kind in this fabulous city.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can tell you love your surroundings. I suppose the weather there is conducive to year round construction? Loving the final shot with the ring around the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that first picture. The orange is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous snaps. Love the gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I too love seeing the extraordinary in the ordinary. Yesterday walking through the no longer grass I saw yellow weeds poking their heads through and snapped them.

    Thanks for linking up for #lifethisweek. Next week's optional prompt for 36/52 is Taking Stock. Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely capture . Keep commenting in my blog because I love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm quite partial to rural images, but the city has a lot of beauty, too, and you found quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful sunset #globalblogging@_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anywhere in a beautiful evening light has some super positive qqualities. You just have too look with the right eyes on. #GlobalBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think there is such beauty at nature peeping through at us even in urban settings. I have started jogging and enjoy being outside, just me and the world first thing in the morning. Thanks for linking up with #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos. I visited Sydney once many years ago. It reminded me of where I live as I was there in your winter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice post. You really captured some gorgeous skies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful shots, a city with a lot of construction going on is a dynamic city.

    ReplyDelete