Friday 31 August 2018

Taking Stock - September


As you know, I'm not the biggest fan of these posts, as I don't really know what you, dear readers, get out of it. However, as I'm about to shut the blog down for a few weeks, I thought I would post for #Lifethisweek. Photos are not related to anything, but do you really want to look at photos of ScoMo and Dutton?





Drinking :  Way too much - or at least too often. Those alcohol free nights are killing me.
Reading : Just finished the Portrait of Molly Dean for book club, and finishing Americanah. Listening to Lost Connections (Hari) while I do the housework.
Next read : Heartburn by Nora Ephron and finish Run like Crazy, Run like Hell (the comic by Tardi)
Wanting : To get our tax done. It's hanging over me like a constant stress. I just need a day to get all the documents together.
Looking : At what to do with my three precious days in Singapore and where to stay for next year's trip to Japan
Enjoying : Seeing movies after a cinema 'drought'.
Liking : Catching up with friends. That seems to have been at a minimum and then all of a sudden, it's a couple of times a week.




Wondering : How goals impact our unhappiness - do we choose the wrong goals or do we accept what society says? (Not personal, came up in the Hari book. It's got me thinking...)
Loving : That the HSC timetable played nice and the music exam date just announced allows me to get last minute tix to the Singapore Grand Prix. Yip Yip - go Kimi!!! Also loving generous husband who said go any way even though it's costing me more than when I book it all way back in January.
Pondering : What is going on in Australian politics?
Buying : A last minute Father's Day present because my guaranteed delivery before Father's Day was apparently only an aim, not an actually guarantee.
Watching : Better call Saul. And looking forward to new season of Ozarks - but we're really struggling in the TV department so any suggestions are welcome!
Hoping : One of my idols appears to have done the wrong thing. Hoping it's just an oversight in paperwork and not a breakdown. Watching from afar, the potential fall from grace of a good man.
Cringing : What is going on in Australian politics!!
Listening: Just discovered Max Frost - loving Adderall and White Lies. (Apologies if offensive to people with genuine ADHD or ADD. It's just so upbeat and uplifting tune-wise)



What are you up to? Any TV recommendations?

Linking with #IBOT  #PhotoTunes  #TheRandom#PointShoot

13 comments:

  1. Japan and Singapore should be lovely next year! I'd love to visit Japan one day!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am desperate to go to Japan - hopefully next year! You'll have to share some tips! We've been watching some terrific TV - Counterpart is just brilliant (mostly English with some German subtitles) and currently hooked on Mannon - a Norweigan thriller - it's soooo good! I'm going to be quite bereft when we finish watching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're also going back to Singapore next year - 5 days in each of Penang and Singapore. It's been years sine we've been to either. I can't believe I haven't read any Nora Ephron - I've watched enough of her writing, but not read any. Wishing you a great September - and that you get your tax finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are off to Japan in 4 weeks and taking a cruise. I'm looking forward to it as we have only visited Nagasaki before. I have my tax ready to lodge thank goodness and thanks for a couple of new authors I haven't read before. Enjoy your few weeks off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your time off, Lydia! Singapore and Japan sound unreal.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you ever stay home?! Have a great trip x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Singapore - I went there when I had one small child and loved it, but that was nearly 18 yrs ago now. I would love to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...I have ADD and it's a blessing and then it's not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the best with finishing up the tax thing... I am such a procrastinator and wait until the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I like reading Taking Stock as I think sometimes there is a greater 'opening up' via the prompts. I am happy you are happy about Singapore and HSC too. Now, get your tax sorted and all will be well, right! Thanks for linking up for #lifethisweek Next week's optional prompt is Travel Tips. Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our tax is done for the last year, I was organised and up to date at the start of July for it. It's already September though and usually I am pretty good at keeping up and sorting receipts each month and stapling them together and filing, but I am so behind!

    ReplyDelete