Tuesday 20 June 2023

Best of VIVID

 



My favourite of VIVID this year was Barangaroo House. It was so simple but so beautiful.

I'm very disappointed I missed a lot of VIVID due to COVID but glad I still have a crack at Lightscape with the extended time. (it runs for the school holidays too as does Dark Spectrum).






I also really enjoyed VIVID House - the immersive film screening to music. My favourite moment was when this appeared:

The whole room audibly gasped in unison at the beauty and it made me (and many others) smile at the shared delight. It gave a strange sense of community at this shared experience. 







For those of you overseas, if you can't come to Australia in Summer, VIVID is definitely the winter time to visit. There's so much to see and do, a lot of it free. And it never fails to enchant me, and I go every year!


Do you travel for festivals and events? 
Also linking with #AwwMondays because when the arctic landscape appeared, the whole room went Awww in unsion.










14 comments:

  1. Oh wow. That is so very beautiful. Thanks for sharing this. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing! It reminds me of the Van Gogh Immersive Experience I saw in Dubai last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks amazing - but if I have understand it right - it´s over in Australia - almost the same name - but too far away from Austria.
    All the best
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on every year but yes, ended for this year....

      Delete
  4. ...Vivid is indeed a fabulous description of this event. I wish that Sidney was closer to me. Thanks for taking me along to see the sights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always good to share pleasant experiences with others, Lydia. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and someone else posted this today. So beautiful. I bet it's even more beautiful in person.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant photos love the colours too as Sandee said must be fab being there :-)
    Have a vivivtastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  8. VIVID really does look like a wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never hear of VIVID. It is an amazing idea. Looks very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Because this is in your 'backyard' it is so much easier to access. I have visited Vivid in 2013 with a granddaughter and then in 2019 on a very crowded ferry where everyone was jostling for photos. I think on the ground is good but I was always concerned about crowds and finding a loo! That's me.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lydia - I'd LOVE to see VIVID - every year I see other bloggers post pics from it and it just dazzles me. We haven't been over East since pre-covid and won't get there again for a while - but I'm definitely going to see VIVID one day so I can tick it off the bucket list I don't actually have :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks beautiful Lydia. I've been to the Van Gogh Immersive event, and this reminds me of it. As far as I know we don't have anything else in Arizona like that. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete