Wednesday 28 June 2023

"Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face." — Victor Hugo

My usual walking companion is away so I was free to walk with other frineds that walk in a group - in a new location, so very much a win. 






The early morning start gave me colours and a different sun rise.









My friends, not used to my endless snapping as I walked, laughed at me as I explained it was not just birds, but nature and graffiti.











One commented that it must really give me a new view of things. And she's right. The familliar seems fresh again, as i notice each new change worthy of a photo.







Linking with #WeekendReflection


The nicest part of the day, however, was not the golden rays reflecting over the water but the laughter and conversation as we caught up and then covered the political issues of the country. It was both physically and intellectually stimulating.







Winter may be very chilly but there's plenty of warmth that's good for the soul.







Linking with #ThruMyLens #Skywatch #DND #HeidisHeavenlyGaze and #WeekendReflection for the this pic on the right.






 

14 comments:

  1. Such beautiful and peaceful pics. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the amber sunrise and all the beautiful reflections. Enjoy your respite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some perfectly caught sunset shots. Have a good rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I hope that you days are filled with laughter! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely set of sunset photos, Lydia. Sometimes, the unexpected can give us many pleasant surprises. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures of the upcoming sunrise- looks great. Have a good time
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sunset photos, Lydia. We must all learn to laugh more. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photos, I love the early morning golden tones. I find it hard to snap photos and keep up with a walking group.
    I'm impressed that you have a group that you can discuss politics with. I avoid those subjects at all costs here to keep people from getting upset.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sunrise. And good conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the first one. Nice Shot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Right in a hollow between the houses, the sun rises, it fits in there as if the place was made for it, for the ascent to heaven? Other companions, other perspectives, start the new day together, life is beautiful!
    LG Heidi

    ReplyDelete