Wednesday 21 June 2023

Walking into winter

 


The temps have dropped this week and I'm living in my new Uniqlo cardis (so look like I'm in my PJs apparently all the time...but so toasty!!)

I am happy that I can do my 11km walk without difficulty, but just a little slower than normal. However my friend is away for 2 weeks so by her return, I hope to be fighting fit. Not sure my brain has recovered fully and I still get the ringing in the ears...this COVID stuff is so tedious. It is keepig me off the booze so that has to be a good thing...(not that I'm noticing a weight drop!)

Apologies for the green dot...

Jonquil season is upon us - my favourite time of year. I got these for $8, and while not the best condition, they smell gorgeous so hopefully I track some nice yellow ones down for next week...



I am more of a summer person but planning overnight adventures in the Hunter and Southern Highlands for some chilly school holiday outdoor fun.










I made us go out for a pub roast (the big yorkie at the Forresters) and we went with friends who we used to go for pub roasts with before kids, so over 20 years ago. We laughed about how as the kids grew up, we were reverting back to our old ways. And I guess there's some truth in that. You seek out those parts of you that got lost with the demands of raising kids.



I am realising what a creature of habit I am, and I live a very 'seasonal' life.










Do you have seasonal behaviours?



Linking with #WWandP and #Allseasons






14 comments:

  1. You can't beat a pub roast, I don't know what it is, they just seem to make it better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to wash up - that's what makes it taste better! Ha!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this. Really thoughtful post that got me thinking. I wish you a pleasant winter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lydia,
    It does seem some people take a long time to recover from Covid. The jonquils are lovely. Your pub meal look yummy. I love seeing water views and the birds of course are a bonus. I love to walk, especially early in the morning. Thanks for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lydia....COVID takes a very long time to recover from as my daughter is finding out 4 months later. I hope you feel stronger and stronger...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear you're struggling with covid and its aftermath. What a terrible scourge. My husband lost his life to it and gave it to me. Fortunately I recovered physically but it was rough. My sympathies and prayers...
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/06/it-has-begun.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the boats. We had a cruise out on our boat this past weekend. A wonderful time. We're about to get hit with triple digit weather. Not looking forward to that, but it's the way of things. Enjoy your PJs.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Lydia. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get well soon and have a pleasant winter. Summer has started for us. I don't tolerate the high temperatures well.
    Kind regards - Elke (Nature Thursday)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this with Your Moment blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one Lydia! Before we left England I made us all go out to a pub for a roast lunch, always better when someone else cooks and cleans up! I've decided I'm not a winter person after coming home to the middle of winter after a lovely few months of summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lydia - sorry to hear that covid is still lingering on. We are yet to catch our first dose (the joys of being childfree and not being in a congested workplace I think). There also seems to be a lot of flus and really bad colds around this year too - all that isolation seems to have undone our immune systems. I enjoyed all your wintery nature photos - I'm ready for Spring already!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glorious pics! And how good is a roast, especially when served in a big yorkie?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear you've had Covid! Would you believe I haven't had it yet (touch wood)! I don't want it but I suppose it will eventually get me! It looks like a lovely area where you walk. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do have a lot of choice for walking in your area with lots of water views, even if they are dull days and parts of an industrial-type area. I am grateful to know I can walk safely around a lot of places here in the Hills. I do miss water close by but have more than enough greenery and growth to compensate. I hope you continue to get better over time. Great to see you sharing a post from your blog on this week’s Wednesday’s Words and Pics Link Up at Denyse Whelan Blogs To Connect. I hope to see you next week too. Warm wishes, Denyse.

    ReplyDelete