Sunday 13 August 2023

City Reflections



I had a night in the city with my youngest while my husband was away (I had a voucher about to expire. Funny how even getting 5kms away overnight can prove tricky). 


I did like the different view of the city (and pretending it was New York). Getting away from it all is still getting away from it all. Near or far.


Linking with #InspireMeMonday because I like these photographs even though the subject is not that pretty, they have a glamour to them.#MCoW #WednesdayAroundtheWorld #PictorialTuesday #WordlessWednesday   #WWOAT #SundayBest #WeekendReflection
loopyloulaura




Note this is looking into Ivy. I have the revese image looking out of Ivy here. (Taken quite coincidentally)
 

15 comments:

  1. Wow what an amazing photo of the city

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great city shots! I tend to avoid cities but admire the photos others get.
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/08/on-road.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful city pics. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful pictures, dear Lydia; especially great the first one.
    It's true, away from everyday life is away from everyday life and sometimes has to be.
    All the best from Austria!
    Traude
    🌼❤️🌼
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/08/romerstadt-carnuntum-und-die-tiere-von.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing views and great reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shots, Lydia. It does look like NY, and I'm afraid Melbourne is getting more and more like that around the City. All very nice if one is visiting, but it is terrible to negotiate it if one lives there all the time. Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning photos always amazes e how much reflections add to photos :-)
    Have a reflectivetastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photographs. There's beauty in cities too. And city lights make them such pretty sights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks pretty glamorous to me! The clock in the first picture shows exactly the same time as mine right now! Time to put my feet up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos are awesome and views great. I need to do that...a closeby getaway sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love how you've captured 'the light in the dark'. Thanks for sharing and for linking up with #MySundaySnapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sometimes just an overnight stay for a couple of nights can be so reviving. Enjoy. Great shots by the way. Happy travels. I am joining you at Travel Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a good skyline. I never tire of the skyline views at night here in Minneapolis.

    ReplyDelete